The student news site of Muskego High School

Warriors Word

Girls Volleyball

Amanda Veley, author

This year the girls’ varsity volleyball team has had a rough season. Under a new coach they current are ranked 7th in the conference with a  record of 1 and 5 in conference. On September 26, the girls’ team played Mukwonago and despite a valiant effort suffered a defeat. The team fought hard, but lost the first set 12 – 25. The second set the team strategized and realized that Mukwonago could not cover tips and tipped like crazy. The team rallied together to make some very key plays in this set unfortunately a reoccurring misfortune for the team was blocks going out of bounds.

Even though they lost this set, it was a much closer game. They ended up losing 19 – 25. For the third set the team started off to a great start and the set began 5 – 6. There were some very long rallies that occurred in this set. Some of these rallies went to Muskego however the majority of the key rallies went to Mukwonago. The final score of this set was 17 – 25.

Though they may have lost they played very hard and to the best of their abilities. Olivia Kudronowicz was hurt and unable to in the match. In place of her, coaches brought up freshman Ashley Kopp. While Ashley didn’t enter the varsity game she helped the team by supporting them from the sidelines. Upon talking to Olivia Kudronowicz about this year’s season she said, “This year we got a new coach so we knew that there would be some challenges and adjustments. Although it took a little bit to understand and adjust to our coach’s routine, we have grown greatly as a team. We have become great friends on and off the court and are having a lot of fun. We put in a lot of hard work and effort into practice and work to get better. Right now, the results aren’t showing that we are growing as a team and getting better, but our play shows it. I am excited to continue to grow as a team and hope that the results start to show. I am looking forward to the end of the season and hope to make it to state this year!” The Varsity girls next games are Monday October 2nd at Burlington and Tuesday October 3rd at Waukesha North. Come and “support the spandex” by cheering the girls on at their upcoming games.

• Girls Volleyball

Sports

Swimming Success at State!

• Girls Volleyball

Sports

Boys Volleyball

• Girls Volleyball

Sports

Warrior Football Ticket Information

• Girls Volleyball

Sports

Big Talent from the Class of ’21

• Girls Volleyball

Sports

Muskego Dives into a Good Season

• Girls Volleyball

Sports

Outstanding Performance by Varsity Girls’ Tennis

• Girls Volleyball

Sports

Girls’ Track Results: …and these are GOOD Results!

• Girls Volleyball

Sports

Matt Polivka Classic 8 Player of the Year

• Girls Volleyball

Sports

Muskego Athletes Making a Name for Themselves

• Girls Volleyball

Sports

Kicking into a Great Season with Girl’s Varsity Soccer!

Girls Volleyball