Warriors Word

West Side Story

This year’s musical is West Side Story. West Side Story is a modern day Romeo and Juliet and involves New York street gangs. On the harsh streets of the upper west side, two gangs battle for control of the turf . The situation becomes complicated when Tony, a Jet gang member, falls in love with Maria, the sister of Bernardo, the head of the sharks. When picking this musical lots of things were brought into consideration, some of them were: a musical with a big cast, involved a lot of dancing, large chorus, and that it is a well known musical with a great story line and even better music. There has been lots of very hard work that has been put into West Side Story. Some of the most challenging things that they have had to work on to get everything together is the dancing. This years dancing is extremely difficult and countless hours of hard work have already been put into it. Mrs. Nepchas has worked diligently with the cast to knock out the choreography for all the different dances. The choreography is extra tough to learn because they are doing the dancing from the original musical. Along with difficult dancing there is also super challenging music that the orchestra is tirelessly working on to make the musical a huge success. This music has many complicated and unique rhythms that are incorporated together to make the songs that much cooler. The songs are also very special and aren’t quite like other musicals which makes this musical that much more exceptional. Tons of time and commitment has been put into this years musical. The cast and musicians all started working on the music and dancing in December. Since then they have diligently made great gains in learning everything, and the time has finally come for them to put everything together. Another noteworthy thing for West Side Story is the impressive and amazing sets that the stage crew has built for this years musical. Stage crew has put lots of hours into putting the whole play together. Without them shining spotlights on actors and having all the microphones hooked up, it would be hard to see and hear our fantastic actors. The musical is on Thursday February 22  – Saturday 24 at 7 and Sunday, February 25 at 2. Everyone who has some part in the musical would love for you to come and say to look forward to the awesome music, great acting, fabulous dancing, and fantastic sets. Mr. Wanner, one of the directors, would just like everyone to know, if they enjoy the musical and want to get involved next year, that all are welcome and they would love to have you.

• West Side Story

MHS News

The Evolution of Warrior’s Word

• West Side Story

MHS News

MHS Pep Assembly Highlights 2018

• MHS News

Are you a 1Warrior? If you are…

• MHS News

Get Involved: Join One of Many MHS Clubs

• West Side Story

MHS News

What clubs and activities to join?

• West Side Story

MHS News

MHS Welcomes the Incoming Freshmen

• West Side Story

MHS News

No Subs for You

• MHS News

Way to go WarriorBots

• West Side Story

MHS News

FBLA State: Baltimore Bound!

• West Side Story

MHS News

Prom for All Ages

The student news site of Muskego High School
West Side Story