• March 27Looking for a good read? Check out Love, Simon

• March 27Have a safe, fun, eventful Spring Break!!!

• March 27Congratulations Cheerleaders and Gymnasts!!!

Warriors Word

Spread the Word to End the Word

Julia Wendland

Spread the Word to End the Word is a step towards a future world of equality. People around the world are taking a stand against the use of the word “retard” when describing someone with an intellectual disability. As generations have gone on, the R-word has become a way to make fun of others. This year, the international day to stand against this is being held on the first Wednesday in March (March 7th). Through the giving hands of Ms. Pyne, shirts are being sold to support the cause. Not only do these T-shirts represent a better life for children with disabilities, but a portion of the proceeds goes back to the Best Buddies club at Muskego High. Ms. Pyne plans to change the viewpoint of the R-word to denote respect. Ms. Pyne would like to bring into view that, “whether intentional or not, the word conjures up a painful stereotype of people with intellectual disabilities.” She believes that if people think before they speak, children who have disabilities will feel more welcomed into the world. By using a positive word, the world will be more accepting and inclusive to people with disabilities, people who are seen as different in society, and people who have unique talents.

Along with selling T-shirts, Best Buddies recently went on a bowling excursion on January 18th. The Buddies and participants from Muskego High made up a group of 74 people and had an awesome time knocking down pins at Alpine Lanes. The friendly competition kept the spirits high, and pizza, soda, socializing, and laughter created a night to remember for both the buddies and their friends. Ms. Pyne would like to recognize the Special Education teacher Vicki Linstrom and Special Education Aide Jenny Walechka who both assisted with driving and making sure the buddies were enjoying themselves. Attached are some pictures from the night, but Ms. Pyne said, “The pictures don’t really do the event justice. If you could have seen the energy and excitement in that building – it would give you the positive energy to get you through all of these gray days in Winter!”

• MHS News

Way to go WarriorBots

• Spread the Word to End the Word

MHS News

Prom for All Ages

• Spread the Word to End the Word

MHS News

Gymnastics Takes Home Another Win

• Spread the Word to End the Word

MHS News

2x State Cheerleading Champions!!

• MHS News

Winter Dance

• Spread the Word to End the Word

App Homepage

Saving Lives One MHS Donor at a Time: MHS Blood Drive

• Spread the Word to End the Word

MHS News

The Start to State for MHS Wrestlers

• Spread the Word to End the Word

MHS News

West Side Story

• Announce MHS

Upcoming Warrior Family Week

• Spread the Word to End the Word

MHS News

Student Council – Food Drive

The student news site of Muskego High School
Spread the Word to End the Word