Freshmen!! Freshmen!!

MHS Holds the First Annual Warrior 101

Warrior 101  Mentors
Warrior 101 Mentors

To start off the year with a bang, Muskego High School held a freshman transitioning day: Warrior 101. Because this day was promoted at the end of the last school year to all incoming freshmen, more than 200 students signed up in its first year running. This program was meant to be for freshmen only and ran on August 30th from 8-12. Highlights of the program included getting to meet their administrator and counselor, receiving a tour of the school from upperclassmen, participating in a question/answer session with the upperclassmen, and a run-through of their schedule.

FRESHMEN...What are you most nervous about??

• Getting Lost (40%, 4 Votes)
  • Lunch (40%, 4 Votes)
  • Upper-Classmen (20%, 2 Votes)
  • Teachers (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Not knowing anyone (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 7

Loading ... Loading ...

excited board
It all began Last year, when a group of MHS teachers collaborated to analyze data and feedback they received from a IMG_0795freshman survey that English 9 teachers had given right before the end of the first semester. In response to results, these teachers felt it was necessary to provide a better transition for the incoming freshmen. In order for this to be possible, the committee teamed up with senior mentors and created the best “first day of school” a freshman could have: no upperclass-men, no homework, five minute classes, AND a free t-shirt.

This would not have been possible without the help of senior mentors and the teachers responsible for putting it together.  Thank you! We can only hope to expand this program in the coming years.