Want to Know How to Register for Classes? Ask Seniors.

High school registration starts tomorrow and the upperclassmen have a few things they would like to recommend for those of you going through this process. When asked which top 3 things students should consider when creating their schedules, the following was recommended:  The first factor to be considered when creating your schedule is your future, according to 90.3% of students that took this survey. Following that factor is student interest. Pretty obvious. Interestingly though, the next thing that seniors believe should be considered when creating a schedule is whether or not you will be taking a study hall. Balancing your time with homework, sports, clubs, activities, work, etc. can be difficult and whether or not you take a study hall should be factored into your decision making process.

Seniors also provided great advice on what NOT to consider when making your schedule. According to results, upper class-men claim that you shouldn’t worry about what your friends are taking, nor should you worry about who teaches the course.  Other fun facts:  for any of you future engineers out there, you should consider keeping that class; many seniors wished they had taken some sort of engineering class. Also, if you’re caught between two language classes and you don’t know which one to choose, then you need to find out more about each course.  58.1% say that this will really benefit you.  That Academic Guidebook can be found in this link. Hope you get those classes you want! For additional information, the registration video has been posted below.

Mrs. Prusinski