Voters Choice 2016: Muskego Norway Schools Referendum…

PASSES!

Voters Choice 2016: Muskego Norway Schools Referendum...

Charlie Kudy, Writer/Layout Editor

Muskego continues to be one of the fastest growing communities in the Milwaukee Metro-Area with the boom in building of new subdivisions in the past 20 years. Since the early 1900s when the city began providing public education to all students, the population of the city has exploded. The original schools that were built for the district have been showing signs of age for sometime, and the problems are starting to be addressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=L4iNx574I7E

The Muskego Norway School District School Board set out a proposal to improve the last major parts of the school renovation project: the elementary schools. Great news: it passed! The school board informed its residents that the current elementary schools are in desperate disrepair and need to be renovated, or eliminated altogether. The district proposed to eliminate the far-East side of Muskego, Tess Corners elementary, and Muskego Elementary in order to create a large elementary school in the Country Meadows-Bay Lane building. Minor updates would also be added to Lakeview Elementary School.

referendum 1The district also plans on eliminating Bay Lane Middle School in favor of a brand new middle school in the South of Muskego off of North Cape Road between McShane and HiView. Additions will also be made to Mill Valley Elementary and Lake View Elementary to accommodate higher student loads and improve efficiency.

There are additional upgrades that will be made to the high school, specifically to the music department space and sports utilities, that are completely separate from the referendum issues described above. Thanks to voters, the children of Muskego will be provided with newly renovated facilities.