A Message From Our Student Council

Making a Difference

Melody King and

Student Council is excited to inform you of the new event that they will be putting on this year: Charity Week. This fundraiser will take place the week of April 11th (Monday 4/11 and Friday 4/15), with daily morning announcements to inform students and staff about the particular charities. Every day will be dedicated to a different charity and each day two teachers will compete to raise the most money.

The 10 teacher competitors make up a team with Mr. Irvine and Mr. Dunbar as the captains. The team who raises the most money gets to decide what their opponent will wear to school the following Monday!

Here’s a list of the days and teacher competitors for that certain day:
Monday: “All About Cancer” Donations to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (Mr. Bertrandt Vs. Mr. Raney)
Tuesday: “All About Animals” Donations to the Worldwide Animal Fund (Ms. Jung Vs. Ms. Lee)
Wednesday: “Keep the Heart Beating” Donations to the American Heart Association (Mr. Troller Vs. Mr. Matthews)
Thursday: “Keeping America Fed” Donations to Feeding America (Mr. Passler Vs. Mr. Michaud)
Friday: “Be an Angel and Help a Soldier” Donations to Soldiers’ Angels (Ms. Michels Vs. Ms. LB) 
There will be boxes in the 10 teacher’s rooms to donate, along with boxes at lunch, the library, and student services.
Please encourage students to donate, we want to make this a successful first year of Charity Week! Feel free to email Melody King with any questions regarding how charity week will work.