Warriors Word

An Adventure with Auggie

The surrounding atmosphere at the cinema contained heart-wrenching emotions that only one thing can account for, Auggie Pullman’s story. Wonder was released on November 17 to the public. From the extensive period of the release date until now, the box office for the movie Wonder, had 102.3 million dollars. This movie is about Auggie’s journey through life with treacher collins syndrome which deforms Auggie’s face. Auggie has been homeschooled for all of his life, but he decides that this is the year that he will join other kids at a public school. Before school starts, his principal introduces Auggie to three kids. One is a little-miss-know-it-all, the other is the most popular kid in fifth grade who acts differently around adults, and the third is a boy who will soon become Auggie’s best friend. Auggie’s family has been very supportive of his change, but his sister, Via, has problems in her own life. Via feels as if everything is focused around Auggie and Auggie is nervous what the other kids are going to say at school. Will Via find solutions for her issues and will Auggie learn to feel comfortable in his own skin? This inspirational movie has done nothing other than inspire people around the world and strengthen the encouragement that different is okay. One Critic online from The Hollywood Reporter says, “Wonder is a story of connection, not suffering.” Although there may be depressing themes intertwined throughout the movie, the courteousness of others is strongly exhibited. Amazingly, Wonder may not only be a new experience, but it will be life-changing as well. 

• An Adventure with Auggie

Reviews

A Journey of Self-Acceptance

• An Adventure with Auggie

Reviews

The Hate U Give Book Review

• An Adventure with Auggie

Reviews

Forever My Girl Movie Review

• An Adventure with Auggie

App Homepage

Your guide for the perfect (and safe) Car

• An Adventure with Auggie

Reviews

Gilmore Girls Revival – Success or failure?

• An Adventure with Auggie

Reviews

Beauty and the Beast – Take 2

• An Adventure with Auggie

Reviews

Start the New Year with a New Book

• An Adventure with Auggie

Reviews

Snuggle up with a Holiday Book

• An Adventure with Auggie

Reviews

The Books You’ve Been Waiting For

• An Adventure with Auggie

Reviews

1984 Book Review

The student news site of Muskego High School
An Adventure with Auggie