Warriors Word

Student Feature: Kate Sperka

Bella Mendez

Kate Sperka is an athletic and academically exceeding freshman.  As a freshman Kate Sperk has exceeded tremendously in Cross Country.  Her current PR is 17:55.3 which was achieved at the Eagle Invite on the UW parkside course.  When asking Kate her favorite thing about running for MHS she said ” I like crossing the finish line the most! – because no matter what your time was you feel so accomplished! The second thing I really like is the bonding with all of the girls! I think there’s something about pushing yourself to extreme pain for prolonged periods of time that really helps people connect! Teammates make this sport so much better! I’ve made some of my best friends this year at practice! It’s definitely worth the work!”  Kate recently made a huge accomplishment as a freshmen of getting 2nd place at state.  Kate will race on more time this year, Nike footlocker, to finish out her season.  After cross country, Kate plans to try out for MHS girls basketball.  Academically, Kate wants to participate in human anatomy and physiological studies.  When asking Kate about freshman year she says “Freshmen year has been great so far. I’m really loving all of my classes and teachers! I would say my favorite part about it so far has been all of the opportunities. You are really in control of your own experience. Teachers don’t hold your hand anymore, and although it can be stressful sometimes, I would say that there’s something really satisfying about completing something totally independent”.  Besides participation in cross country and basketball in the future she also participates in Spanish Club and Student Council.  Kate also says “Muskego is such a great school with so many opportunities, I feel so lucky to have such amazing coaches and teammates. I couldn’t have asked for anything else!”

• Student Feature: Kate Sperka

Sports

Matt Polivka Classic 8 Player of the Year

• Student Feature: Kate Sperka

Sports

Muskego Athletes Making a Name for Themselves

• Student Feature: Kate Sperka

Featuring...

Student Feature: Ben Schaefer

• Student Feature: Kate Sperka

Sports

Taylor Tabbert Signs To Play Division 1 Soccer

• Student Feature: Kate Sperka

Student Feature

Track Star Jake Petri

• Student Feature

Grace Herker: Muskego High’s Nationally Published Writer

• Student Feature

Culture in the Classroom

• Student Feature: Kate Sperka

Student Feature

Meet Adam Rohlinger

• Student Feature: Kate Sperka

MHS News

The Start to State for MHS Wrestlers

• Student Feature: Kate Sperka

MHS News

West Side Story

The student news site of Muskego High School
Student Feature: Kate Sperka