Homecoming 2017: School Spirit Everywhere!!

Muskego+D

Muskego D

This year’s theme days were a big success! Student Council was very happy to see that many people were decked out in the corresponding days theme. They were proud to see that all of the hard work that they had put into planning homecoming week worked out without a hitch. They were excited to see everything come together and that so many people were willing to participate in the theme days. Student Council hopes that everyone had enjoyed the theme days that were chosen this year and the everyone had a good time.

Hawaiian Day had a good turnout despite being on the Friday before homecoming this year.

Hawaiian Day

Many kids were wearing Hawaiian shirts and leis. Some however were daring and wore coconut bras and grass skirts. The day overall went very well

Tuesday was Generation Gap Day and the student body definitely went all out for this day.

Generation Gap Day

The Freshmen did a good job of dressing up in onesies and diapers. A large number were also seen with pacifiers, blankets, bottles, and stuffed animals. Sophomores appeared to enjoy dressing up as toddlers. Many girls wore tutus and tiaras, some even carried around sippy cups. The boys were seen dressed in mostly pajamas though some were more creative and had on unique outfits.

Generation Gap Day

Juniors showed up looking very much like adults. Some dressed up as nurses, firefighters, businessmen and women, teachers, soccer moms, pregnant women, and many other very good adult like attire.

Generation Gap Day

Seniors definitely had a blast as senior citizens walking around in old people clothes, with faces full of makeup and carrying around walkers and canes. They seemed to have age a significant amount and made it very difficult for everyone to get from one side of the school to the other. If you were trying to get from English to math 6th hour you had a 1% chance of making it on time because our lovely senior citizens decided that it was time for church. The seniors it is safe to say had a very good time on Generation Gap Day. The staff also got their own generation for Tuesday, and they were dressed up as teenagers. Many of the male teachers took this as an opportunity to find their old sports jerseys from their high school days.  The female teachers were seen wearing more casual clothes. If you have Mr. or Mrs. Gerardin you got an extra laugh when Mr. Gerardin came into Mrs. Gerardin’s math class and asked her to homecoming. Generation Gap Day went on without a hitch.

The third day for homecoming week was Disney Day.

Disney Day

Disney day resulted in many were dressed like Minnie and Mickey Mouse.

Disney Day

A number of girls and some guys even showed up as Disney princesses, such as Belle Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Snow White. The Incredibles were commonly picked characters to be seen walking around the school. Others were also dressed in Boo, Mike, and Sully outfits from Monsters Inc. If you had or passed Mr. Troller you wouldn’t have seen him instead you would have of seen Buzz Lightyear, or if you had Mr. Raney you would have had an introduction from the well known Darth Vader.

Thursday was Class Color Day.

Freshmen were very easy to pick out on this day in their yellow outfits. While most were made aware that they were not to wear neon yellow some still were spotted in neon yellow instead of plain yellow.

Class Color Day

Sophomores were pretty obvious in their spray painted green shirts with “SOPH” sprayed on them.

Class Color Day

Juniors were seen in purple tie-dye.

Class Color Day

The Seniors however were by far stuck out the most to anyone who wasn’t aware that it was homecoming week at Muskego in their blue togas. Teachers also got a color and did a good job dressing in black. On Color Day it was quite obvious as to who forgot to dress up. They were the only ones who you couldn’t figure out what grade they were in when they wore orange and red. Despite the few who didn’t dress up overall a significantly large majority of the student body was decked out in their class color.

Muskego Day

The last day of homecoming week was Muskego Day. Just about everyone was seen in red, white, or black.

The day went well with both the prep rally and the homecoming football game also that day. The week was a humongous success and ended fantastically with a win from the football team and a super fun dance.

Muskego Day

Lots of students had on shirts that said Muskego and a large group were seen in predominantly football jerseys though some had on other sports jerseys.

(Pictures were taken by yearbook)