Senior Feature: Franklin Sperka

Because of his excessive involvement in MHS activities, most of you probably have heard of Franklin Sperka, aka “Frankie.”  And if you haven’t heard, we are proud to share with you: Frankie has been admitted to Stanford University in California to study physics. This tremendous accomplishment demands students to have a 4.18 GPA and an ACT score of 31-35 overall, something Frankie achieved. Additionally, Frankie’s intelligence has won him several gold key awards in the Scholastic writing competition. Not only was Frankie  able to attain a high GPA, but he also served as STUCO’s secretary during 17-18 and as president during 18-19.  Franklin was nominated in January of 2018 as Student of the Year with a campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society that concluded successfully in March.

In addition to his service on Student Council, Frankie ran Varsity in Track and Cross Country both junior and senior year; his senior year, he participated as part of the state cross country meet.  Additionally, Frankie contributed to the arts at MHS. He participated in every single musical during his time here.  Frankie was Riff in West Side Story, leader of the Jets, and a cowboy named Bickle in this year’s musical Footloose. As Franklin reflects on his journey here, he has said that he will miss the teachers, the community and the people that he has met over the years.  “Being a senior has brought to my attention of how much time we have left in high school, and that we should make the most of it.”  Franklin’s one piece of advice for the underclassmen is to not be afraid to challenge yourself.  “Meet people who are willing to push you further.”   Franklin is excited to move onto the next part in life, but one knows that wherever he goes he will be as productive, hardworking and successful as he was here at MHS.